? ??????????????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to
your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

2009 Rewind: New Years Eve/Day

The morning that we left Phoenix, we had to be at the airport at 0630 in order to shuttle in and return our rental car.  We flew all day and lost 2 hours due to the time zones.  Then we landed at Dulles Airport in VA, drove 2 hours back to Annapolis in rush hour traffic, and finally got home.  We THEN decided that we should leave for Florida right away, so we did a quick load of laundry, repacked the car (including the Carbide) and started driving.  That was pretty stupid-we were very tired.  But we made it in once piece and were happy to have a few hours jump start on when we were going to have left!

We went down there to visit my dad and step mom.  I have never visited him- and only recently met her.  We didn't speak for years and are just now working to rebuild our relationship.  He was very happy to have us, and we were happy to be there.


My dad is a very bad influence on little Carbide, and (much like Erin) likes to encourage him to do things that he isn't allowed to do (such as get on the furniture).  Bad dog!

My dad loves German Shephards, and has one named Gema.  She is pretty cool and mostly likes to lay on the couch and swim in the pool-although I wouldn't mess with her.  Jaimie also loves German Shephards (which is unfortunate, since they are one of my two least favorite breeds).  I thought that these two pictures of Jaimie and Gema were funny-at first he is very quizzical look on his face and she looks very serious-and then she licks him and they seem to be getting on just fine after that!  I think that she is very beautiful.

For Christmas, the only thing that I could think of that I really "needed" was "big girl clothes" since from the looks of things, I won't be in the Navy for much longer.  My dad took me clothes shopping and bought a few nice professional outfits for me.  Then we went to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch-which is one of the best restaurants on the earth.

I wanted to knit something for my dad for Christmas- but he lives in Florida and works in Texas.  So I obviously couldn't knit a sweater or a scarf or hat (I don't think he would wear a scarf or hat nomatter where he lived).  I thought about it a lot and finally decided that socks were the way to go.  Argyle socks.  In shades of blue, which is his favorite color.  He also loves sailing, so I tried to keep the names of the colors in a nautical theme.  One blue is called "Deep Water" and the other is called "Caribbean Blue".  The third blue (the super pale one that I used to make the X's) is called "Blue Haze".  Even though it dosn't have an "oceany" name, I thought it would be acceptable since his favorite musician of all times is Jimmi Hendrix (who else?!) and he wrote a famous song called Purple Haze.  This might sound a little 'out there', but when I told him about it, he got it, and that is the important thing. :)

We had a really fun time on our visit and look forward to many more trips and most of all to repairing our broken relationship-and maybe even building a new one.

0 comments: