? ??????????????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to
your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

2009 Rewind- "Christmas"


Jaimie and I decided to visit his family in Phoenix, AZ this year for Christmas.  It was the fair thing to do since we went to my family's the year before.  And even though I was the one who suggested the idea-as the weather began to change and Christmas was approaching, I found myself really bummed out that we would be in for such hot weather on Christmas! 

I have never been in the south for Christmas before.  Being from Rhode Island, we often had a White Christmas.  Then I spent 6 years in Ohio, and 4 of them I returned to my homeland. :)  I have had 27 very cold and usually snowy Christmases.

So rather than bring all of our gifts for eachother all the way to Arizona, we decided to celebrate "our Christmas" the weekend prior.  And I think that God was listening to my prayers-because we got 2.5 feet of snow here in Maryland!  It. Was. Awesome!  Carbide played in the snow and Jaimie and I drank cocoa, started a fire in the fireplace, and looked out the window at the beautiful falling snow.  It ended up being a really special day-and the best part was that it was just the two of us.  Err... the four of us actually.  Carbide and Mischief were very much involved. :)


Here is our "official" 2009 Christmas Picture.

I decided to knit Jaimie a Christmas stocking.  Then I also decided to spin the yarn to make it!  This wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't BRAND NEW to spinning, and if I didn't have this "brilliant idea" smack dab in the middle of December.  He is a huge Ohio State fan (Go Bucks!), so I decided to make it in OSU colors. 
Why is it so ugly and deformed, you ask?  Well that is because as I was knitting the foot, I forgot to do the shaping which WOULD HAVE tapered it in.  I think this is because I have never knit a stocking before and have only knit socks-who knows.  By the time I realized what I had done, it was 1:30 on our "Christmas Eve" and the hubbs and I were both really tired.  He begged me to come to bed with him, but I was being really stubborn about finishing the damn stocking.  Then it hit me-Christmas isn't about perfection.  It itsn't even about stockings.  It is about the birth of Christ.  And as much as I really wanted to make everything perfect for our Christmas celebration-I realized that it was more important to make my husband happy.  As a newlywed, I am still learning what that looks like.  It seems that he values time together, cuddling in bed higher than he does perfectly knit Christmas stockings.  Go figure.  Men are so complex!  It is only because I learned this important lesson that I even posted a picture of this ugly stocking.  Hopefully I will have it finished and looking great for him by next year.

This is the AWESOME stocking that he gave to me.  I love it.  I have never seen a cooler stocking in all of my life! :)

We had a wonderful little "Christmas Breakfast".  Trader Joes carries this gorgonzola cheese covered in dried cranberries and walnuts.  It is amazing.  They also have some fantastic assorted crackers.  We love them-so that was what we ate while exchanging gifts.  We also have these awesome coffee cups which were a gift from Elyssa.  They say "Paris" on them (she knows how fondly we remember our trip to Paris together) and they fit together and share a saucer.  They are the best coffee cups on the planet.  I know.  I have checked. 

 I love Christmas mornings with Jaimie.  My parents were always pretty good about not rushing the festivities-you know it takes so long to think of thoughtful gifts for everyone and save up money to buy them, then wrap them-it is such a shame to rush.  I haven't had a Christmas with my Dad since my parents got divorced when I was 19, but things seem a little more hurried at my mom's house at Christmas these days.  So last year, though we really enjoyed getting to see my family, we were a little bummed out that Christmas morning was so rushed.  When it is just the two of us, we don't rush at all.  We take all day!  And we dont' even buy that many presents-but we just feel free to take breaks to have a snack or watch a movie (if we just got one) or play with our new toys/whatever.  Or just to make out.  Mmmm.  I just love Christmas with Jaimie.  It seemed like it had lost so much of the magic when I grew up-like it would never be as incredible as it was when I was a little kid.  But I really do feel like a little girl on Christmas morning when we are sharing the day.

Jaimie showing off his two favorite gifts- his new ipod (we have never had them before-so he is super pumped!  Also I got a "K-bar" knife for him.  It is called a "tac tool" and he was really excited about it.  I am a really good bargain hunter-not as good as Erin, but still pretty good!


Carbide was really happy that he got presents also.  His birthday is December 19th, so he sometimes gets frustrated that people try to "combine" the holidays.  But he definitely came to the right family!  Since Erin's birthday is Deceber 21st, I know all about this Sagittarian delimma.  We make sure to acknowledge his birthday AND Christmas.  Here he is with his scorpion from his Nana. 


And poor little Mischief.  He loves to play with balls with bells in them, but he always loses them after 15 seconds.  Jaimie tied some bells to a length of yarn, and that seems to be working much better.  For now.

0 comments: