? ??????????????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to
your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, November 23, 2009

Not a lot of kitting going on here!

This week was very unproductive with the knitting!  I had Lasik surgery on my eyes on Thursday, which made me pretty useless all day Thursday and most of Friday. 

Then-on Friday night, our friends Rene' and Tim from Columbus came out for a visit!  It was so great to see them and we were really touched that they made the drive!  Their visit was supposed to be a surprise, but when the hubbs mentioned their names for an unrelated reason, a picture of them in their Ohio State jerseys in downtown D.C. next to the monuments flashed in my mind.  Saturday was the big OSU vs. Michigan game.  BUSTED!  The hubbs should know by now that he can't surprise me, and if he so much as THINKS about the surprise in the same room as me, I will figure it out! 

We had a great time down in D.C. checking out the monuments and then up in Annapolis.  We ate some seafood on the dock and watched the ships go by.  We got some coffee in the coolest Starbucks ever-the one in the basement of the Maryland Inn.  Then-back to the apartment for some beer and conversation.  What a fun time!



Jaimie was VERY proud of his parallel parking!


The women whose pictures were etched into the Korean War memorial.  It was so touching to see them acknowledged!






Honest Abe- he's even bigger than the history books say!





This monument is a tribute to the women who fought in Vietnam.  Most of them were nurses who cared for our wounded soldiers.  This monument was completed in 1994, and the sign explaining it says that 'now the Vietnam memorial is complete".  I think that's cool.  These were the women who really paved the way for my generation of soldiers-though their bravery so far outshines my own that I hesitate to put myself in the same category.



WWII Memorial.










I DID actually get SOME stuff done this week. Here is the beginning of the sweater I am making for my mother for "Christmas"-which she probably won't get until Mother's day!


And here is the gray yarn which I just completed this evening.  I will use it with the red yarn from last week to knit a OSU Christmas stocking for the hubbs. :)

0 comments: